Best Korean Plastic Surgery Clinics › Forums › Community Discussion › Have a question about breast augmentation in Seoul? › Reply To: Have a question about breast augmentation in Seoul?
Breast Augmentation (BA) via fat grafting is an option at some clinics, but implants still rule as the more common and popular technique here for several reasons:
- Suitability – Not everyone is a candidate for fat grafting. Desired level augmentation and availability of donor fat from the patient come into play.
- New Technique – Fat grafting for BA is still fairly new and not enough info and expertise is as widespread as augmentation via implants.
- Limitations – The typical documented increases (long term results) via one fat graft session has usually been a half-cup to one full cup (usually closer to half-cup), whereas implants can provide larger increases. For further increase via fat grafting, you would need to follow up with more sessions.
- Shape – Implants can provide most surgeons with control over shape, whereas, you’ll need a really experienced fat graft expert to be able to control shape.
- Reabsorption – After the initial treatment, the size may be reduced overtime due to the body’s reabsorption of fat.
- Cost – The cost, especially with a touch up fat graft sessions may end up being much more than a one-time implant procedure.
- Convenience – Some doctors recommend doing a pre and post surgery home care systems such as the BRAVA system (see video below) along with fat grafting to get better results, so this requires a lot more time and dedication for the patient.
BRAVA System – Some doctors combine fat grafting with a home care program or system to get optimal results.