Rhinoplasty Questions

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      doopee261
      Participant

Hello all,

I’m looking to go to Korea with a friend, probably in December this year. During this time I hope to get a rhinoplasty and possibly also mole removal, but I may change my mind about this aspect later to the date. My nose is not wide or flat, no prominent bumps, but it is quite tall and pointed. I want to reduce the bridge to a lower angle so that it is not pointed up so much, but I’m not sure what this would entail. Likely some of the cartilage would have to be shaved (or however else it is removed) off and I was wondering 1) Is this a surgery that is carried out a lot in Korea? 2) Would this be considerably more expensive? In the UK where I’m from, the average price of a rhinoplasty is around £5000 which is far too expensive considering I could get it done cheaper, but if this type of rhinoplasty is more expensive then the costs of flight and board might near the price of the rhinoplasty offered in the UK, which would make it not worth the while coming to Korea for the procedure. Also, do you happen to know of any clinics in Korea which specialize in rhinoplasty but also have English-speaking doctors, as I feel nervous about having a translator explain my circumstances to a doctor.

Thank you!

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

@doopee261

These are good questions. This is not an unusual request, and many international patients from Europe, North America and the middle east have reduction rhinoplasty procedures.

The price may range between from 4,000,000 to 6,500,000 Korean Won, and this depends on the complexity of the case, clinic, and the experience and credentials of the doctor. You do have factory in room & board as well as your flight ticket, but some people offset this by also considering treatment + travel holiday.

There are doctors here who speak English, but their proficiency may vary, but rest assured if you go with an international clinic there are in-house interpreters who can effectively convey your goals as well relay the doctor’s treatment recommendations, but if you would like to hire your own certified medical interpreter you can as well.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar