What is the best clinic to correct bimaxillary/bialveolar protrusion?

Best Korean Plastic Surgery Clinics Forums Community Discussion What is the best clinic to correct bimaxillary/bialveolar protrusion?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sarap
      Participant

Hello, I have a severe issue with my mouth, teeth, and chin. Please see all the pictures, I’ve uploaded 3 albums and linked them as you can see below.

I feel the issue is unique to me because I haven’t seen other people with my mid and lower face. My lower jaw is recessed but there is the illusion of being advanced because my chin is protruding (as well as my mandibular alveolar bone and teeth). This creates a very deep labiomental crease that looks weird and ugly. Some people have suggested a chin implant, but that would only deepen the crease! My chin already looks unnatural as if a genioplasty was performed or something implanted (you will see it especially in the 3rd picture of the first album). Only someone with no understanding of aesthetics would suggest a chin implant or advancement genioplasty. My maxillae alveolar bone and teeth are also proclined. I like the look of “flat teeth” that are straight down from the alveolar bone (like the 4th pic of the third album).

My lower face area:

View post on imgur.com

Some of the surgeries I think I need:

View post on imgur.com

My desired results:

View post on imgur.com

Here are surgeries I think I need

1. Anterior segmental maxillary osteotomy (to eliminate proclination of upper teeth)

2. Anterior subapical mandibular osteotomy (to eliminate proclination of lower teeth)

3. Chin and cortical bone reduction (to eliminate angle between teeth and chin [labiomental groove])

4. Lip reduction and bullhorn lip lift (to eliminate the extra flesh when teeth are reclined and give pout to upper lip)

5. Upper and lower jaw advancement (because I believe my lower jaw is recessed [I get double chin easily, fat has small area to distribute in jowls] and for the teeth to align, my upper jaw should advance as well)

I would also want a partial Lefort iii (malar advancement/orbital rim advancement without nose), aggressive zygoma reduction, slight mandible reduction, and jowl liposuction in addition to the surgeries above.

If there’s a clinic that can perform these surgeries or work with me to achieve the desired results, please respond.

Thank you!

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

@sarap

Thanks for sharing your post. You have put a lot of thought into this and it’s great to see that you are educating yourself about treatments.

I agree that your chin is set too far back for a chin implant, and that having one could further deepen the groove. I was also diagnosed with a deep labiomental groove with a chin that is vertically and horizontally short, and sometimes some surgeons recommended an implant.

I feel your case is unique, and not a simple text book diagnosis, so I would recommend going to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon at a clinic that specializes in orthognathic surgery. They usually have 3D CT scanning equipment and will also make molds of your bite and take better diagnostic photos.

This will help equip the surgeon with the right info to determine the exact surgical maneuvers because not all of them will be textbook, some may be improvised techniques to uniquely address your case.

There are several clinics here in Seoul that are qualified for this treatment, but this is a very big surgery.

Have you first consulted in your own local country?

sarap
      Participant

@Jeet Dhindsa

Thanks for your reply, and I’m glad we see eye to eye on what procedures not to get.

I am American, and as far as I know, bimaxillary dentoalveolar protrusion surgery isn’t a common aesthetic concern. Very little google results for surgeons offering ASO and ASAO in the US show up when searching the term, although there are academic journals that show up.

Where can I find the Korean clinics that specialize in mouth protrusion? The clinics that are commonly known do face contouring, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, etc. and the mouth protrusion surgeries do not seem to address a deep labiomental groove issue.

The only clinic I found that specialized was Seoul-Cheil plastic surgery clinic, but I felt they left some of their patients with a deep labiomental groove as well. I want a groove that is nonexistent/almost nonexistent.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar