Aegyosal (애교살) Korean Love Band

Best Korean Plastic Surgery Clinics Forums Community Discussion Aegyosal (애교살) Korean Love Band

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      yusakim
      Participant

Thanks to Sophie for doing a blog post on Aegyosal and thanks FoxyFire for bringing it to the forums. I’ve been meaning to ask about this but you guys beat me to it. This sounds like one of the more simpler surgeries and I have been interested ever since I started noticing it on others.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea or an estimate of the general costs of each type of love band procedure. Thank you for the information!

FoxyFire
      Participant

Aegyosal (애교살) – the Korean term for creating volume on the lower eyelid through cosmetic surgery or makeup techniques. The difference between the unattractive eye bag and attractive Korean love band is all about location. Eye bags are usually bulges beneath the lower eyelid in the tear trough area, while aegyosal is above this area and directly on the lower eyelid.

Having aegyosal around ones eyes has the physical effect of making one look more angelic, cute and also accents the eyes to make them appear bigger.

item-egyo-plastic-surgery
      Image from ITEM Clinic

How to Create a Love Band or Aegyosal? ​

1) Korean Love Band via Derma Filler or Fat Injection – Temporary

A derma filler is a hyaluronic acid based gel, such as Restylane, that is injected in the lower eyelid area by a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon to create the volume. The benefit is that it’s temporary (9 months and in some cases 2 years), so if you decide it doesn’t suit you, it will naturally go away, or you can come back for a touch up. An alternative method is to use a fat graft, which is semi-permanent. Fat is taken from one part of the body and prepared to be injected into the area. This can last longer than a filler, but there is a chance the body can reabsorb it, so a touch up may be required. Practitioner skill and expertise really come into play with fillers because the shape and consistency from fillers is not easily controllable.

2) Korean Love Band via Surgical Implant – Permanent

This is a surgical method using artificial dermis (fake tissue such as alloderm) that is inserted and secured into place via a small incision of 2~3mm in the area below the eyes. It takes approximately 30 minutes for the procedure and the effect is permanently maintained. Patients can continue normal daily activities 3~4 days after the surgery.

What do you guys think?

FoxyFire
      Participant

Hi Yusa! =) The cost can vary, especially depending upon on clinic you go to (boutique clinic for Koreans vs larger international clinic). Temporary fillers like Restylane will be the least expensive around 150,000 KRW (~$130 USD) to 250,000 KRW (~ $210 USD), while the surgical option can start at around 800,000 KRW (~$750 USD) and can be up to 2,500,000 KRW (~$2,300 USD). Really depends on the clinic and sometimes price is not necessarily an indicator of quality.

Also, feel free to suggest any other cosmetic treatments, we haven’t covered yet!

yusakim
      Participant

Thank you very much for those numbers!

I’ve also been wondering about another type of simple nose job procedure. But I’ll bring that over to the forum regarding the nose.

kita
      Participant

I want this so bad! I’m just worried it’ll end up looking horrible since I’m Caucasian. I might just want to get small, permanent ones.

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

I came across this posting by one Caucasian female on Soompi and re-posted it here. If you go the filler route, it will be temporary, so you can see how it looks before committing permanently.

I see there are a lot of people are interested in the Korean trend of aegyo sal (it literally means charming flesh!!) so I will tell you my story.

I decided to get the under eye filler for aegyo sal not really because of the trend but mostly because when I would put makeup underneath my eyes those fine lines would crease it and I would just end up looking dirty and dark circle-y after a few hours.

At first I thought I should get botox but that doesn’t work on fine lines under the eyes, it works with crow’s feet and such.

So the next best thing was getting fillers that would stretch out the skin and the lines would disappear.
      And aegyo sal was the solution.

I paid 400.000 won (around $360) here in Seoul. But prices may vary from 300.000 to 1.000.000 depending on where you get it

Procedure:
      1. They apply a numbing cream.
      2. Wait 30-40 min (I waited less because it got into my eyes and it hurt a lot)
      3. Doctor will inject the filler in 3 different spots under the eyes (outter corner, middle, inner corner) after disinfecting the area.
      4. Once the filler is injected the doctor will take a cotton swab and try to push the filler around a bit so that it evens out and leaving no bumps.
      4. They clean you up and voila~

After the procedure there was no bruising but there was a bit of swelling.
      For several days the skin under my eyes left like after rubbing my eyes pretty hard but still not something I couldn’t handle.

My doctor was a bit concerned in the beginning because I have some visible capillaries under my eyes and those can sometimes burst and cause bleeding but he was very careful so I had no such problem.
      All my non-asian friends though I looked tired or like I had cried (some of them still do) but I personally like it so I will probably do it again (the filler usually last for about 9-12 months)
      Hope it helps~~

To view photos from that posting, you can see them here

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar