Do girls really get dragged around?

Best Korean Plastic Surgery Clinics Forums Traveling to Korea Eat, Shop and Play Do girls really get dragged around?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bella
      Participant

Ok, I first heard about this on Simon & Martina’s youtube channel…like it’s culturally ok in korea for girls to be dragged/pulled around. What do i mean? Well if ur a pretty korean girl, a bouncer may come up to u to pull u (by the arm) into their club. we all know that nightclubs like to have a lot of pretty girls inside, that’s not new, but in western countries they attract the girls by other methods (i.e. half priced drinks for girls, ladies night, pretty girls don’t have to queue up and r just let in etc).

i must say that if someone (any gender, sexuality, colour or whatever) just grabs me by the arm, i’d be screaming the place down and causing the biggest scene eva!!!

I know this sounds like such a small issue to have a little rant about, but for some reason it just bugged me. Normally i’m pretty chilled, but I don’t know…what r ur thoughts?

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Hey Bella,

Great question! This is concept of getting pulled around is known as “Booking.” This happens at special Korean style night clubs called “Night.” Nowadays they are kind of fading for younger generations because European & Western style clubs have been on the rise, and they try to follow that standard.

At booking clubs you are essentially paying for bottle service and match making. Your waiter acts as a middleman and literally pulls girls to your table by force, it’s sort of a cultural thing because Koreans are used to a middle party making introductions to connect two groups or people. And women going to these places known it’s going to happen, so it’s a part of the fun. The waiters also pull guys to a table, if ladies are the ones who purchased bottle service.

Here is a video describing it in Korea Town LA:

As for the club promoters outside, their are only a few areas, usually around universities where they try to take you off the street to go into their club, it’s kind of annoying, but has died down due to a lot of complaints.

Some of these promoters also try to drag women into “talking bars.” These are places where attractive Korean men sell their company and time for a premium price, think of a reverse room salon or host bar. It’s sort of like rent-a-boyfriend.

Bella
      Participant

Yep i heard that nightclubs r places where u kinda get set up – match making style and dance clubs r clubs/bars where u go dancing and clubbing. don’t want to get the two mixed up lol

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar