Double eyelid surgery

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      cjann
      Participant

Hi,

I would like to double eye lid surgery in November in Korea.

Based on my research, I think I would require double eyelid surgery and medial epicanthoplasty, however I am unsure if I want to have non-incision, partial or full incision double eyelid surgery.

I would like an idea of the surgery & recovery duration, and process for the entire procedure from pre-op to post-op.

For non-incision questions:

Does the whole process  (from the day of the surgery to the last post operation visit) take less than a week?

How long does the procedure take?

How long after the procedure will my eyes gain normal use?

How long after does the scar disappear?

For incision questions:

How long does the procedure take?

How many days after are the stitches removed?

How many post operation visits are there?

When are the post operation visits?

How long after the procedure will my eyes gain normal use?

How long after does the scar disappear?

Are you able to recommend the best surgeons for this procedure?

I have read that there are certain clinics that do not consider operating to suit the individual’s face and instead all their patients come out looking exactly the same. I would like to refrain these clinics as I believe what might work for one will not work for another.

I would also avoid clinics that do not have a personal touch whereby they treat patients as just another income. It is important that I am able to consult directly with the surgeon and not a consultant during all consultantions.

Do the clinics provide translators and is there a cost involved?

I was thinking of spending 2 week in south korea, with the 2nd week for recovering and sightseeing. Should I book the surgery in advance or book it after a face to face consultation?

FoxyFire
      Participant

Hi these are all good questions.

For non-incision questions:

1. Procedure: Approximately 30 ~ 45 min
      2. Whole Process: 7 Days Until Stitches are taken out.
      3. How long after the procedure will my eyes gain normal use?: Your vision will not be affected, but looking somewhat presentable and recommended recovery would be 2 to 3 days.
      4. How long after does the scar disappear? Scars are significantly minimized by non-incision method.
      5. How many post opp visits? 2

For incision questions:

1. Procedure: Approximately 30 ~ 45 min
      2. Whole Process: 7 Days Until Stitches are taken out.
      3. How long after the procedure will my eyes gain normal use?: Your vision will not be affected, but looking somewhat presentable and recommended recovery would be 2 to 3 days.
      4. How long after does the scar disappear? There will be a scar and it will fade overtime, but it depends on the individual and your lifestyle. Could take up to a year or two to be dramatically unoticable.
      5. How many post opp visits? 2

Best Surgeons? Honestly this is one the most common and straightforward procedures in Korea. If you go to a reputable clinic (the clinics listed on this site), you’ll be in good hands. From our experience, ‘best’ means something different for everyone because everyone’s values and goals are different. Your values sound like you want a clinic that gives good personal attention and has a translator or doctor you can communicate with that will give you facetime. If that’s the case maybe a mid-size clinic with English staff would be better fit. But note since this is a very common procedure, the consult times with a doctor are probably going to be 15 to 20 minutes max on average.

yshima
      Participant

Any particular clinic that the celebrities use? It may be a very common procedure but say someone was looking for the absolute best, and price was the least of their concerns 🙂

Cheers. My first post here

Jeet Singh
        Keymaster

Dream Plastic Surgery has treated many celebrities. A lot times record labels and studios have their own private surgeons they use exclusively.

beyond_my_thoughts
      Participant

I’m curious about this  so I was researching awhile ago. I’ve read that some had double eyelid surgery said it was worth it even if they did pay more.  The surgery could take 2 to 3 weeks to heal.

ladylisa
      Participant

I was researching for this surgery. I am thinking of spending a week in Korea for the eye surgery only. Hope this is good enough to remove all stitches.

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

@ladylisa yes, that should be plenty of time. It would be good to have at least 6 to 7 days stay in Korea, after the surgery. The worst case scenario is you would have stitches removed in your home country if time is an issue.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar