Have a question about breast augmentation in Seoul?

Best Korean Plastic Surgery Clinics Forums Community Discussion Have a question about breast augmentation in Seoul?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      FoxyFire
      Participant

Have a question about breast augmentation in Seoul? Feel free to post questions here and start related topics. We’ll get answers for you right away.

kita
      Participant

Do you know if fat grafts are commonly done in Korea, or if it’s mostly implants?

FoxyFire
      Participant

Hey Kita!

Breast Augmentation (BA) via fat grafting is an option at some clinics, but implants still rule as the more common and popular technique here for several reasons:

• Suitability – Not everyone is a candidate for fat grafting. Desired level augmentation and availability of donor fat from the patient come into play.
      • New Technique – Fat grafting for BA is still fairly new and not enough info and expertise is as widespread as augmentation via implants.
      • Limitations – The typical documented increases (long term results) via one fat graft session has usually been a half-cup to one full cup (usually closer to half-cup), whereas implants can provide larger increases. For further increase via fat grafting, you would need to follow up with more sessions.
      • Shape – Implants can provide most surgeons with control over shape, whereas, you’ll need a really experienced fat graft expert to be able to control shape.
      • Reabsorption – After the initial treatment, the size may be reduced overtime due to the body’s reabsorption of fat.
      • Cost – The cost, especially with a touch up fat graft sessions may end up being much more than a one-time implant procedure.
      • Convenience – Some doctors recommend doing a pre and post surgery home care systems such as the BRAVA system (see video below) along with fat grafting to get better results, so this requires a lot more time and dedication for the patient.

BRAVA System – Some doctors combine fat grafting with a home care program or system to get optimal results.

kita
      Participant

Yup! I’m a 34B right now and I’d like to be a bit bigger since I don’t think my chest looks proportional. However, I really don’t like the idea of putting implants in my body. Even though they’re very durable and usually safe, the thought disturbs me. I knew there was a place in Miami that does this but I would really like to be able to get most/all of the procedures I want done at one time, and I want other procedures done in Seoul.

FoxyFire
      Participant

That’s a valid reason and fat grafting does sound appealing because it’s all natural tissue as opposed to synthetic implants. There’s been a lot of progress in this area and there are Korean clinics that offer the procedure. I think the Miami clinic you’re referring to is Dr. Roger K Khouri at Miami Breast Center. He’s been pioneering the procedure in the US and uses the BRAVA system to prep for fat transfer. After reading up on it some more, the reasoning behind BRAVA is that it will help create more space and room for the fat transfer, which is said to increase volume and survival rate of fat by decreasing re-absorption, which is often due to high tension in the breast area. Think of it like a balloon, if you stretch the balloon first, it’s easier to fill up with air because there will be more space and elasticity. Also there will be less pressure for the air to escape (or in the case of fat to be reabsorbed).

The tricky thing about doing the procedure in Korea is the difficulty for follow up and touch up treatment care if needed. Extra fat can be stored in sub-zero freezers by clinics in case you need a touch up, but that means flying back to Seoul. Breaking up procedures between the US and Seoul may not be a bad idea.

FYI: The Korean text for the procedure is “가슴성형지방이식” in case you want to browse the Korean web.

Below is a video from one of many clinics offering the procedure (Yunjin Plastic Surgery). It shows the whole procedure from start to finish.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar