Permanent Makeup in Seoul

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Bella
      Participant

….it’s popular in places like Singapore, Hong Kong and China, but i didn’t think this was popular in Korea. would be interested in reading other people’s thoughts.

i don’t think i would get it done, but that might be bc permanent make up in HK/China is never really done well so it’s a really turn off to see the fake looking results walking around shopping centres or on the streets like overly done eyebrows or due to the cheap ink some people use, the eyebrows turn this weird green or red – very unnatural

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

One of my friend’s got this done last month. Koreans love thick eyebrows and permanent makeup is a popular solution. Her eyebrows actually came out really nice.

Bella
      Participant

cool – i don’t think i would do it, but i think that’s mostly bc of the bad results i’ve seen in HK and China (in particular). would be good to c some examples of good results to balance out my view.

iixpenguin
      Participant

It’s actually illegal if a certified doctor doesn’t do it since it involves needles and stuff… but people do it anyway 😛 For some it is really natural… I would do just the eyebrows if I needed to (I don’t lol), the eyeliner tattoo sounds so painful!

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Yes, that’s right. That’s why Tattoo parlors are illegal in Korea. The current law states you have to be medical doctor to perform a tattoo, but there are a lot of tattoo parlors operating in plain sight. It’s a law that’s not really enforced

Bella
      Participant

wow who’d have though?!

i went to a beauty salon type place and i must admit, she was GREAT!!!! definitely will be going back to her as they lighten. cheap, great service and great brows!

only problem is she didn’t speak english so language a bit of a barrier, but was able to communicate through sign language and she had an album of all her work, so it was easy to point at stuff.

Nala
      Participant

I’m super interested in getting permanent makeup in Korea, especially seeing the results are super natural. Could you recommend the place your friend went or any other places? What price would I be looking at for some tattoo eyebrows?

Jeet Singh
        Keymaster

@nala

Welcome, thanks for joining. @bella went to one place during her last trip and she’d be able to share details. I remember that her results looked really good. In the meantime, I’ll look up some places and share them here.

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

@nala I was just chatting with @bella on Kakao (she’s from Australia as well), and she went to this place (Mi Line Aesthetic). I remember now that a Korean girlfriend referred it to her since her roommate had her eyebrows done there.

Mi Line or 미라인 (Beauty Line) is a small aesthetic boutique.  There are literally a ton of these types of shops, and usually most locals go to places like this. However, as iixpenguin mentioned, permanent makeup is considered a medical procedure in Korea because it involves needles, even tattooing in Korea is considered a medical procedure, so technically only a doctor is allowed to do it, but in reality many Koreans go to aestheticians for these types of services.

If you go to these aesthetic beauty boutiques, it’s a bit more of an adventure and local experience, so you might need a local guide to assist you with the language barrier, the benefit is usually the price and services at these shops is usually very competitive. If you need more info or want us to hunt down one that speaks English we can look it up for you.

But FYI: Regen Beauty Medical Group has recently started offering permanent makeup services too and they are a global clinic, so you might want to inquiry with them.

Mi Line Aesthetic – http://blog.naver.com/miliness/

mline

What kind of permanent makeup are you interested in having?

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Hey everyone just an update. I was at medical conference yesterday in Seoul and met this clinic at their booth and they have a very strong focus in permanent makeup and actually have one of Korea’s top permanent makeup artists working for them, and they also specialize in “Contour Makeup,” which specializes in applying makeup to highlight and accent features of your face and body or improve pigmentation discoloration. And also cover other parts of the body such as the scalp and nipples.

They don’t have an english website, but they do have an English speaking staff member:

http://www.benme.net/

We’re going to work on getting them setup on our site, so you can connect with them more easily.

Eyebrows
      Eye line

Eyebrow
      Eyebrow

lips
      Lips

Eye
      Pigmentation around the eye discoloration and correction

Scalp
      Scalp Coloring

posh
      Participant

Is Be & Me clinic  register and approved with the korean medical board? Are they good and reliable for permanent make up? I am looking to do my eyebrow and eyeline.

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

They are medical clinic, so technically they are allowed to perform permanent makeup. Other approved clinics that provide this service are also Wonjin and Regen.

posh
      Participant

Thanks. I have booked an appointment with Be&me. Do you know the standard  prices  for Eyeline and Eyebrow permanent makeup? Your advise appreciated

cjann
      Participant

Hi,

I tried the link for the BE & Me group but its coming up as an error?

Jeet Singh
        Keymaster

Hi here is the right link: http://www.benme.net/

stowworn
      Participant

That’s cool..But, personally i wont do that. 🙂

sam
      Participant

Hello there!Any  current suggestions on where I can go for permanent natural looking makeup? Good can help ASAP as just here visiting.  Thanks in advance

beyond_my_thoughts
      Participant

Most Koreans love thick eyebrow and a permanent make up is most likely the solution. Yes, I found this online. They are now conducting training about a semi permanent make up and eyebrow embroidery. In fact, it is now the latest trend there.

steffie183
      Participant

I went to Be & Me last Chuseok to get my eyeliner retouched. I wanted a different style than the place I went to originally did. I talked to them in Korean over KakaoTalk, made an appointment and got a quote about how much it would cost including if they would be able to do this style since no other place I talked to would do it.

When I went there, the office looked very clean and nice but there were so MANY people! It looked like a free clinic! I’m talking so many people that even though there were multiple sitting areas for different sections, there still were at least 15 people standing around. I couldn’t help but think they just wanted to pack in as many people as possible to make as much money as possible. But I thought to myself, Chuseok is this weekend…maybe that is why it is so busy. I had another conference about the style I wanted and the worker didn’t seem to care about it at all. There were no examples and she didn’t seem confident, just told me to tell the technician and it will be done. The style I wanted was full on top, just a little on the bottom outer corners. Every picture they had were full lines. I was worried by this lack of caring but thought to myself, I will see how the technician feels since they will be the one performing the tattoo and if they are confident, I am good. Then there was a snag.

The price was DOUBLE what they quoted to me. I understand if I wanted a full upper and lower line it would be that price, but I was asking for just a tiny bit, maybe 25% of the lower line. This is Korea, where they are always making deals and negotiating these prices down. Nope. It was top and bottom, even a little, so it would be full price. Alright, if this was told to me initially, I wouldn’t have even come in. I felt a little lied to.

Next was the nail in the coffin of why I walked out. They wanted me to pay BEFORE the procedure. Umm….So if it looks horrible I have no way to negotiate with them to fix it? I have had eyeliner tattoos before, eyelash extensions, I go to a dermatologist, had eye repair surgery, etc. I have lived in Korea for 9 years. I have never needed to pay before any procedures! I told them that I had to leave and left. Maybe they do really good tattooing, but from what I saw of the girl who talked to me…and how they treated their customers….I was skeptical and not about to pay hundreds of dollars to have a permanent mistake.

I will update with the place for eyeliner I originally went to and I am currently looking for a good eyebrow place that are able to do non-Korean styles. While I love the Korean natural brow trend, it just wouldn’t look good on my face.

steffie183
      Participant

Okay, here is where I did the eyeliner tattoo. BeautyLash in Kangnam. It is right outside of exit 5 of Kangnam station. Their main website isn’t working right now but their blog is http://blog.naver.com/beautylash-korea/220671785830 They often have 50% off discounts, which is when I got my eyeliner done. You get 1 free retouch within a year. I missed the timing on that so I ended up paying the retouch fee….30,000W so…yeah, pretty cheap. They do a really good job, very fast. 20 minutes with the anesthetic cream, 5 minutes tattooing per eye. They gave me care instructions in English but it isn’t anything new if you have had a tattoo before. They didn’t speak English to me but I speak some Korean so I don’t even try with English so it is possible they have someone there with English skills. I just found a post they did on a foreigner coming in: http://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailView.nhn?blogId=beautylash-korea&logNo=220576009483&categoryNo=7&parentCategoryNo=&from=postList I think they did a really good job with a non-Korean eyebrow. They also say that they don’t speak English but through some basic words and lots of gesturing, they were able to communicate.

Without English, I think you will be in good hands. They really only seem to have one style of eyeliner. If you want another style, you can try bringing in a picture. Most places will only do the top waterline. I messaged many places around Seoul to get a little bit on the bottom done and they all said they only did the top eyelid. If you are looking for a natural look, that is what you want anyway.

They also do eyebrows. I hadn’t worked myself up to that yet but they do have a gallery online so you can easily see their skill set and style. I highly recommend them. My eyeliner looks really natural, like I just have thick eyelashes. Combine it with eyelash extensions and you never need to worry about eye makeup again. I usually don’t even wear eyeshadow.

Irene
      Participant

@steffie183

I have two places in mind where I got mine done 🙂 one is very Chinese friendly and the other is well known for the gangnam people.

조앤박 (Joe and Park) Chinese friendly, the most well know place for semi permanent make up in gangnam area. Pricey but doctors present at all times and great after care services.

모제림 (Mojaelim), located in apgujeong. Well know for semi permanent makeup and hair transplant. Also well know for apgujeong people. Pricey but does promotions for a more reasonable price. Doctors also present.

Kika8403
        Participant

Hi Steffie,

What did it cost you to do semi permanent eye brows at Mojelim? I am also considering hair transplant on two scars I got after a bad brow lift I did in a clinic in Denmark that left me two major scars where my hair hasn’t grow back. Is this place good for hair transplant too or does anyone here recommend another clinic?

Kindly,

Erika

Taneya
      Participant

does permanent makeup clog pores?

Jeet Singh
        Keymaster

No, permanent makeup is basically a tattoo, and it does not block the pores and your skin will still be able to sweat/breathe. It is important to make sure the equipment is sterile and no serious infection occurs afterwards from bacteria that can get into the pores.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar