Skin Lightening IV Injection – Glutathione Plus Vitamin C @ MJ Plastic Surgery

Best Korean Plastic Surgery Clinics Forums Community Discussion Skin Lightening IV Injection – Glutathione Plus Vitamin C @ MJ Plastic Surgery

Tagged: 

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

MJ Plastic Surgery and Dermatology
      http://www.mjbeauty.co.kr/
      (No English Website)

Last weekend, I tagged along with my friend to one one of her favorite clinics that she goes to for skincare called MJ. A couple of her friends have had procedures here, and they were friends with doctor. She started coming here for skincare and wanted to do something about some pigmentation. She consulted with the clinic representative in Korean (very nice lady), but all I could make out were these words “Beyonce Injection” and “Aqua Peel.” My friend decided to get the Aqual Peel facial (100,000 KRW), and later I asked her:

What the heck is a “Beyonce injection”?

Apparently it’s the Korean nickname for something known as Glutathione anti-oxidant & Vitamin C intravenous (IV) therapy injections, which if done frequent enough will lighten your skin and make it look awesome overall like Beyonce. It also goes by the Korean name “백옥주사” (Baek Oak Ju Sa), which means white gem injection.

I started laughing when she told me this and said, “That’s so dumb, pssh yeah right!” – But then I got curious….

I have been trying to brighten and lighten my complexion for awhile, and have received OK results after doing a lot of the basics (avoiding sun, SPF 50+, exfoliation, toners, 7 different brands of brightening serums, etc… ).

I started researching these injections, and apparently there is sound medical research to back this up. Also, these injections can actually be very good for your health and fight off several diseases, give you energy and help with anti-aging. Cosmetically, as a side effect; one of things it does is makes your skin lighter by blocking the receptors that cause skin to pigment.

I decided to give Glutathione & Vitamin C a shot (pun intended)

When my friend went in for her Aqua Peel I was getting my veins pumped with an IV bag filled with glutathione & vitamin C.

• It took about 30 minutes
      • Cost 50,000 KRW per session ($45 USD) you can buy a package of 10 for 400,000 KRW
      • It’s recommended twice a week for 3 months or until you reach the tone you want, and then follow up with once a month for maintenance.

Does it work for lightening, whitening and brightening?

It’s too early to tell, but as a guy that’s trying to quit smoking, I’m also keen on it’s healing and cell repair benefits.

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Here’s some more info about Glutathione, it’s a nice overview.

Source: Renew Skin Care (Colorado, USA Medical Spa) http://www.renewwellnessmedspa.com/glutathione.html

Glutathione is a master antioxidant, an important defense against diseases, toxins, viruses, pollutants, radiation and oxidative stress. Low glutathione levels are linked to diseases such as Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, AIDS, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Atherosclerosis, pregnancy complications, male infertility and Cataracts. A Glutathione deficiency can cause a lack of coordination, mental disorders, tremors, and difficulty maintaining balance. Glutathione is continuously defending our body against attacks from disease, toxins, poisons, viruses, pollutants, radiation and oxidative stress. Without Glutathione our liver would soon become overwhelmed with the accumulation of toxins, resulting in organ failure and death.

You may or may not have heard of glutathione, even though over tens of thousands of medical articles have highlighted its importance. Optimizing glutathione levels will shortly join the list of factors known by everyone to have an impact on our health and well-being. Glutathione is a small protein produced naturally in every cell of our body. It is made up of three protein building blocks, called amino acids. These are cysteine, glyceine, & glutamic acid. Your body produces glutathione inside every cell of your body, or that cell would quickly die. The levels of glutathione produced naturally, is enough to keep the body working optimally under ‘normal’ conditions. Increasing levels of environmental pollutants and prolonged exposure to stress are depleting your body’s stores of glutathione increasingly fast.

The level of Glutathione in our cells is predictive of how long we will live. We need this miraculous antioxidant to survive, and without it, our liver would soon become overwhelmed with the accumulation of toxins, resulting in organ failure and death. Glutathione is manufactured by every one of our trillions of cells and is one of the most important healing and cleansing agents. Low glutathione levels are linked to diseases such as Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, AIDS, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Atherosclerosis, pregnancy complications, male infertility and Cataracts. The liver uses glutathione to process alcohol, caffeine, medications, nicotine and among other substances and remove them from the blood. It also helps in the filtering of alcohol and other toxic substances from the blood. It helps in the processing of drugs and medications absorbed through the digestive system, enabling the body to use them effectively and ultimately dispose of them. Reduced glutathione plays a critical role in the cellular detoxification processes including the metabolism of peroxides, the conjugation with electrophils and the scavenging of the free radicals. The relevance of glutathione in ethanol metabolism consists mainly in compensating for alcohol-related oxidative stress. Glutathione acts as a detoxifying agent by combining with undesirable substances and ridding the body of them through urine and bile.

White blood cells are the body’s major defense system. They need glutathione in order to optimize their function. By raising the levels of GSH glutathione, the body’s master’s antioxidant, the body can produce more white blood cells. Glutathione depletion will eventually exhaust any ability of the white blood cells to keep fighting, which means: You loose the battle.

The presence of glutathione is required to maintain the normal function of the immune system. It is known to play a critical role in the multiplication of lymphocytes (the cells that mediate specific immunity), which occurs in the development of an effective immune response.

Utilization of Glutathione GSH. Research has shown that individuals who have low levels of glutathione are susceptible to chronic illness. Research shows that GSH levels (glutathione) decline by 8% to 12% per decade, beginning at the age of 20. Levels of glutathione are further reduced by continual stress upon the immune system such as illness, infection, and environmental toxins. As we now know, a lowered immune system can bring about illness and disease. This is a ferocious cycle. While you need glutathione for a productive immune system, a weakened immune system hampers the production of glutathione. Supplements containing Glutathione Will NOT increase the body’s GSH Levels. It is pointless to purchase glutathione, because the digestive system breaks down ingested glutathione and it will not be absorbed into your system.

Glutathione binds itself to toxins in the body transforming them into a form that can be easily collected and extracted. Glutathione has also shown promise when used in connection with some forms of cancer. In both preliminary research and test tube and animal studies, glutathione has shown to exhibit anti-cancer effects. Higher glutathione levels have also been found in older adults with exceptionally good health.

Low levels of glutathione (along with low levels of vitamin E and selenium) may be a factor in the genesis of thyroid disease. Excessive intake of sugars and starches may reduce glutathione and thereby damage the thyroid gland. In this study of patients with type 2 diabetes, blood levels of two vital nutrients – glutathione and vitamin E – were found to increase when glucose levels dropped and blood sugar became better controlled.

Glutathione Intravenous with Vitamin C: Best Skin Whitening Procedure

Glutathione IV injection taken along with Vitamin C is the most effective and the best skin whitening procedure. You get a much younger looking fairer skin with an amazing glow. Glutathione actually reduces melanin stimulation and pigmentation of the skin leading to white skin tone or color. Effects of skin whitening depend on how much pigmentation is there on the skin. You can see visible changes in the skin tone after the third or fourth session of IV Glutathione injection.

What is Glutathione Injection?

Glutathione IV is an anti-oxidant naturally present in our body at the time we are born. However, as we grow older the supply of Glutathione reduces as it is used up by our body in cell metabolism. The usage of Glutathione IV injection rejuvenates these cells in our body. This leads to a noticeably fairer complexion, firm and youthful sin. It also aids liver cells to regenerate from damages that are caused by prolonged alcohol abuse or intake of fatty food.

Glutathione IV injection or orally?

Glutathione IV injections are better and more effective compared to taking it orally. If you take Glutathione orally, the drug is broken down by stomach acids and just 20 percent of the active part of the drug is absorbed by the body. Compared to oral intake, Glutathione Injections take though injections tend to be far more effective as 100 percent of it is absorbed automatically.

Glutathione needs Vitamin C for better and more long-lasting action. When taken along with Vitamin C, Glutathione can make the skin considerable fairer, firmer and much younger looking.

What are the side effects of Glutathione IV with Vitamin C?

People who are above 27 years of age can take IV Glutathione injections. Do not self-administer Glutathione IV injections on your own. This is strictly the work of a professional. Administration of Glutathione IV injection by a trained professional like a doctor is highly recommended. It is a 100 percent safe process but if a person who does not know how to use it, does it on herself or himself, there is a risk of problem like infection, stroke and heart disease.

Medical Professionals on the Benefits of Glutathione

Dr. Earl Mindell – “We literally cannot survive without this miraculous antioxidant” Glutathione (GSH) : Your Body’s Most Powerful Healing Agent

Patrick J.D. Bouic, Ph.D – “No other antioxidant is as important to overall health as glutathione. It is the regenerator of immune cells and the most valuable detoxifying agent in the body. Low levels are associated with early aging and even death.”

Dr. Allan Somersall, Ph.D., M.D. with Dr. Gustavo Bounous, M.D. – “Without glutathione, other important antioxidants such as vitamins C and E cannot do their job adequately to protect your body against disease.” Breakthrough in Cell Defense

Dr. Paul Cheney – “Glutathione has potent anti-viral properties – if you raise the glutathione level you can stop the replication of most any, at least, intracellular pathogen….but glutathione deficiency produces a pro-viral effect.”

Dr. Jimmy Gutman, MD – “Healthy people also benefit from elevated glutathione levels through an enhanced ability to fight off toxins, infectious disease, pre-cancerous cells and the aging process itself. Many world-class athletes are discovering that well-maintained glutathione levels give them the edge over their competitors, bringing greater strength and endurance, decreased recovery time from injury, less muscle pain and fatigue, and muscle-promoting activity.” Facts about Glutathione (PDF format)

“It is well known that aging is accompanied by a precipitous fall in glutathione levels. Lower glutathione levels are implicated in many diseases associated with aging, including cataracts, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s, atherosclerosis and others.” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 47: 1021-26 1994

“Low glutathione levels have been associated with neuro-degenerative diseases such as MS (Multiple Sclerosis), ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, among others.” The Lancet 344: 796-798, 1994

“Low glutathione levels correspond to poor survival in AIDS patients. Much documentation demonstrates the role of enhanced glutathione levels in AIDS.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, USA 94: 1967-72, 1997

“Raised glutathione levels fight the oxidation of circulating fats in the bloodstream, including cholesterol, retarding the process of plaque formation in the arteries – the underlying cause for most heart disease and stroke”. – Nutrition Reviews 54: 1-30, 1996

“Diabetics are prone to infections and circulatory problems leading to heart disease, kidney failure and blindness. Glutathione protects against the complications of diabetes” – Clinical Science 91: 575-582, 1996

“Doctors have used glutathione-promoting drugs to treat many lung diseases including asthma, chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Newer potential therapeutic roles can be found for cigarette smoke damage, pulmonary fibrosis and other illnesses.” – American Journal of Medical Science 307: 119-127, 1994

“Glutathione protects the body from the inflammation of gastritis, stomach ulcers, pancreatitis and inflammatory bowel disease including ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.” – Gut 42: 485-492, 1998

“The liver is the major storehouse for glutathione. Glutathione is impaired in alcoholic hepatitis as well as in viral hepatitis A, B, and C. Raised glutathione levels restore liver function.” – American Journal of Gasteroenterology 91: 2569-2573, 1996

“Glutathione detoxifies a variety of pollutants, carcinogens and poisons, including many found in fuel exhaust and cigarette smoke. It also retards damage from radiation exposure due to the eroding ozone layer” . – Annual Reviews of Biochemistry 52: 711-760 1983

“Raised glutathione levels help increase strength and endurance. Those interested in physical fitness can benefit from a definite athletic edge.” Journal of Applied Physiology 87: 1381-1385, 1999

“Strong muscular activity, such as that experienced by athletes, generates oxyradicals [free radicals] leading to muscle fatigue and poorer performance. Glutathione neutralizes these radicals”. – Sport Medicine 21: 213-238, 1996

“Lymphocytes, cells vital for your immune system, depend on glutathione for their proper function and replication.” – IMMUNOLOGY 61: 503-508 1987

“Antioxidants are well documented and known to possess vital roles in health maintenance and disease prevention. Glutathione is your cell’s own major antioxidant. Maintaining elevated glutathione levels aids the body’s natural antioxidant function.” – Biochemical Pharmacology 47: 2113-2123 1994

Bella
      Participant

I’ve done a little bit more research into this topic and if you’re in Korea for a short period of time i.e. anywhere from 3 weeks or less, then the results you’ll c from the treatment will be quite minimal. MySeoulSecret is right in saying you’ll need quite a few treatments across a 3 month time period. Such a shame!!!

MySeoulSecret: how are the treatment going? any updates?

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

I’m about 2 months in and get it twice a week. It’s hard to say if it’s working because I imagine the change is happening gradually. My skin does look better at times, and some dark spots from previous acne scars have significantly faded and I notice I recover quickly from a small breakout. Nevertheless, I do know that it’s good for my health and that gives me peace of mind, and if I opt to get any procedures done, I’ve read that it’s a good way to prep the body for recovery.

Bella
      Participant

Dang!!! 2 months worth of treatments?! Yeah, I don’t think I’m gonna c much with a couple of weeks worth of treatments….sounds like something I would totally do, if i lived in korea well it does sound like it’s good for your health, so to that end, it money well spent!

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Yeah, but it gets a little pricey. I plan to do it once a week after month three, and then twice a month after that.

By the way this the product Korean clinics use:

luthione

Bella
      Participant

I’m definitely interested in researching more into this treatment – sounds promising. although ppl tell me i’m pale, i come from a pretty sunny country so ‘pale’ here just doesn’t mean the same thing in Asia lol but at least this gives me a place to start my research – have already made some inquiries at a skin clinic in Korea

wish I could find out where SNSD had their skin treatment – Tiffany, Hyo and Sooyoung used to be pretty dark. read somewhere they went to Dream – there’s even pictures of them with the dr at the clinic, but not 100% sure what they had done or if it was a ‘once off’

Bella
      Participant

UPDATE; being that i’m not in korea, i can’t do the IV injections. instead i have opted for the less-effective and slightly ‘controversial’ glutathione pills. this is my schedule:

Morning
      glutathione 500mg
      vit c 500
      N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) 600mg
      Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) 300mg

Afternoon
      Repeat above

The NAC is a precursor and the vit c & ALA helps the glutathione get to the blood.

this is ‘controversial’ as the medical profession believes that in pill form the glutathione does not get into ur bloodstream and therefore all a waste of money. another school of belief is that glutathione with NAC / vit c / ALA is more effective (of course nothing beats straight up injections)

So far i’m about one month into this program and there are no miracle changes, but i honestly think the clarity and tone of my skin has improved. no changes to pigmentation. i am sleeping better and feel i have more energy – so all in all, so far so good. it might take me 12+ months to achieve what MySeoulSecret may achieve in a few months

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

I read about the N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) 600mg supplements lead to the formation of gluthione in the body. I think that regiment will definitely show results.

One thing I’ve learned is that not all IV injections are created equal. I started off doing my injections at MJ Clinic, but then then switched to another clinic that was close by and cheaper. At MJ the service was definitely a lot better, and the way the nurses prepped the IV was more by the book. For example, they would set the drip rate to diffuse over 30 minutes, etc… At this new clinic they seemed more rushed, would not wear gloves, and not check on the IV, also the tubing would have air bubbles, and sometimes I would finish the whole treatment in less than 10 minutes.

I imagine if they are not following basic IV protocol, then they are probably not storing the gluthione properly neither compromising its efficacy. I did about month and half of treatments at the newer clinic and I switched back to MJ two weeks ago.

I’d say my skin tone has lightened up, but it’s one of those changes that happens so gradually you only notice when you compare pictures, or from people who have not seen you in awhile noticing. I saw some family that I didn’t see in over two yeas and one of the first things they said was how my skin was so much lighter.

Anemonegray
      Participant

Hello~ So I live in San Francisco I am getting glutathione and vitamin C injected once a week at 2,000mg. I am also taking KB glutathione pills daily. I am wondering how many of these injections is safe to take for your body? I heard someone say if you take more then 10 it can harm your liver or kidneys.. I personally want to lighten as much as possible my skin tone is like a little lighter then beyonce and I want to have skin like Suzy from miss A so that’s a big difference. Also I want to know if it safe for me to drink alcohol with these injections? Like only once a week or once every two weeks. Because the doctors here say I have to avoid alcohol the whole time I am taking glutathione but I cannot give up drinking alcohol forever that’s too much! Hahaha

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Hi,

2,000 mg seems like a lot, usually the doses are 600 mg. Usually you can’t OD on vitamin C, your body just flushes out the excess, and glutathione is an anti oxidant, so I haven’t come across anything that says having too much is bad for you, but it’s best to take things in moderation. In regards to alcohol, if you put toxins in your body via cigarettes and alcohol then your glutathione works to detox and take care of those toxins, so you won’t see maximum skin benefits if your glutathione is being depleted by cleaning up unnecessary toxins as opposed to treating your skin.

Having a few drinks on a Saturday night won’t hurt, but binge drinking will.

By the way how much does it cost in San Francisco?

Anemonegray
      Participant

Is it too much? Should I get a smaller amount, I have gotten injected 3 times… Oh I see I think once a week haha. I don’t smoke at all so I guess that’s good. So how many times have you done it total? It costs $120 a shot…..

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

It runs about 50,000 KRW a shot here or ~$45, but working in Korea, where alcohol & smoking for business and leisure is high, made it difficult for me to stick to the recommendations. I did for about 4 months straight, and noticed results, but I’ve been out in the sun a lot these days. I’m going to start it up again because I liked the health benefits, especially after a night out. There are some clinics in Korea that are open 24 hours for ladies to get these shots as well as a special hangover shot to recover from a night out.

Anemonegray
      Participant

Wow it’s so cheap in Korea….. I’m going to Korea this summer for 5 weeks I’m thinking of getting these injections 2 times a week while I am there haha. So there has never been any negative results you have heard in Korea like twitching, anxiety, stomach pains. It’s so hard to find info about this online because America has little to no experience regarding this.. But I am nervous I’m getting too high of a dosage… Should I go down to 600 you think?

thpalex
      Participant

But beware of regional effects as well.

stowworn
      Participant

I also want to give glutathione a shot, been thinking about it for months now. Are there any side effects? Have you noticed any negative side effects on you?

Jeet Singh
        Keymaster

I think too much of anything is not good for you. I don’t take more than 1200 mg per session.

mxm11
      Participant

Hi Jeet! Thank you for this informative post. I think I’m going to try the Beyonce injection. Also, can you tell me more about the Aqua peel? What is it for?  Thank you in advance!

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

hey @mxm11 thanks for the reply!

An Aqua peel is uniquely popular in Korea. It has been spreading to other countries like Singapore, but over the past few years it’s springing up more and more at clinics.

It’s done with a special machine and here is how it’s been described on one website.

• Cleanse – It uses a suction mechanism throughout the procedure that deeply cleanses the skin removing dead skin cells.
      • Peel – Non irritating peel provides great results by loosening dirt and debris from pores.
      • Extract – Draws out impurities from clogged pores much more efficiently than manual extractions. No pricking involved.
      • Hydrate – Depending on what issues you’re trying to address, special blends of treatment serums and masks are infused into the skin.

mxm11
      Participant

Will definitely try Aqua peel! Just need to look for a good clinic that does that. Thank you so much!

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

There’s a lot of good ones out here. Renewme provides this as well clinics such as May Pure, and Tox N Fill. If you need help feel free to reach out to us.

ifix.pk
      Participant

Dear Jeet, I am not in Korea, but interested to know about Glutathione Plus Vitamin C, I am living in Portugal, I have searched here but I didn’t found, may be Language difference. Where I can buy this product?

waiting your response

Ahmed

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Hi @ifix.pk

You can buy Gluthione as a supplement or pill form, but as an IV injection you need to get this done at a clinic that specializes in I.V. nutritional therapy.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar