Teeth Lamination or Veneers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      yusakim
      Participant

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has information on cosmetic dentistry in Korea regarding teeth lamination or veneers. I’ve seen reports on some celebrities getting this procedure done before their debut. It’s seems to be sort of a more acceptable procedure in the entertainment industry when compared to cosmetic surgery. SBS K-Pop Star finalist Baek Ah Yeon and miss A’s Suzy has been reported to have gotten this procedure.

Thank you!

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Laminate Veneers

Cosmetic dentistry is a type of dental treatment used for the restoration of a person’s teeth that are discolored, damaged, broken or abnormal, and the shape of gums in order to improve the function as well as the appearance of the smile line. Although laminate veneers and all-ceramic crowns are one of the most representative and popular treatments in cosmetic dentistry, you must choose the treatment most appropriate for your dental condition. Laminate Veneer, a restorative material made of thin porcelain, is placed over a tooth surface to improve the aesthetics or to protect a damaged tooth surface. All-ceramic crown, translucent porcelain similar to a natural tooth, is used to completely cap or encircle a tooth whose damaged area is too large to cover with a laminate veneer.

Cosmetic dentistry is recommended for those who have;

• Gaps between teeth
      Broken or chipped teeth
      Stained or discolored teeth
      Microdontia, abnormal or conical teeth
      Dental caries

Laminate Veneers

Laminate veneers cost less than crowns. The usually painless procedure does not require anesthesia. The entire treatment process is done approximately in five days with only two visits to the clinic. Patients can preserve their natural tooth structure as much as possible since the amount of tooth reduction is minimal. The material for laminate veneers is translucent as natural teeth, and more durable and stronger than resin.
      * Hus’hu analyzes teeth shape and color; ratios between neighboring teeth; and the facial shape and gum before placing veneers. Hus’hu also recommends getting whitening treatment before laminate treatment for the best outcome if teeth are severely stained or discolored.

No grinding Crystal Veneers

Crystal Veneers are brand new dental laminates that do not require tooth reduction with its 0.2mm of ultra thin ceramic veneer.

Post Management of laminate veneers

Proper tooth brushing and regular scaling are needed to maintain your dental health.
      Avoid biting or chewing solid or hard food.
      Be careful of external shock to avoid damaging attached veneers.
      Regular dental check up is needed.
      Avoid drinking hot and cold drinks for the first 24 hours after treatment.

FAQ on Laminate Veneers

What are the advantages of laminate veneers?
      Laminate veneers, also called as porcelain veneers, could make a huge change on entire smile line. Porcelain laminate veneers are quick, painless, and the result is dramatic. Shape, color, size, and arrangement of teeth can be modified as you’ve always wanted, thus, quick cosmetic dentistry is often used as an alternative for long-term orthodontic treatment.

Does a crystal veneer easily break?
      Once a crystal veneer is bonded to a tooth surface, it does not break off easily at all. Due to its ultra thin body, the veneer’s bonding quality with the enamel layer of a tooth is superior to existing veneers.

How long do crystal veneers last?
      Crystal veneers can last 7~20 years similar to other dental prostheses although it varies from a patient to a patient depending on how well they manage their prostheses.

What do I do if I don’t like the result of crystal veneers?
      Since crystal veneers are done without any teeth reduction, you can simply remove the veneers to revert back to your natural teeth.

stowworn
      Participant

Hi, I don’t know exactly about Teeth Lamination but I have read more about Veneers which is placed to brighten teeth, mask discolorations and obviously could improve a smile. However, I’m also confused between Veneers and teeth bleaching.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar