Thinking about Fat grafting

Best Korean Plastic Surgery Clinics Forums Community Discussion Thinking about Fat grafting

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bella
      Participant

So been thinking about fat grafting – not sure if I’m serious about it yet, but considering I’m not going to be in Korea until Nov, I figure I have plenty of time to look into it and think it over. Although it sounds relatively ‘harmless’ it’s still ps and need to give it some considerable thought. here’s what i learnt (fact or fiction? – I still need to do more research):

1. apparently the rate of fat absorption can depend on your metabolism??? hmmm i must admit i’m a little suspect at this…maybe it’s cause i have a fast metabolism and don’t like to think that the fat survival on me may be very low generally fat survival stands around 20-70% and most ppl need 2 treatments/sessions

2. fat absorption may not occur at the same rate and therefore you may have a little asymmetry in the face – this apparently can be permanent. also asymmetry can be ‘natural’ or due lack of dr skills

3. possible side effects – asymmetry, lumpy face, skin problems from the fat i.e. acne,minute cases, increase skin sensitivity etc, blindness (in very minute case, but also a possibility), infection

I’m sure i’m forgetting other things I’ve learnt thru the relatively small amount of research I’ve done thus far…I should really take proper notes lol

i think if i was to do it,i would seriously consider PRP fat grafting…this apparently should increase the fat survival rate, however this is relatively new and I really must learn more about this before making an informed comment.

Jeet Singh
      Keymaster

Sophie had a fat graft to fill out her hollow cheeks a few years ago. It was definitely a big improvement. From what I remember, your face looked fairly youthful, so if you are considering it, I don’t think you would need much, or might want to consider a temporary filler, just to see how it sits and give you an idea of how it might look. Which areas are you considering? Full face?

The fat has a very high chance of reabsorbing, it’s inevitable, so the question is how much will reabsorb. When my Sophie got it done, she had to go back for a follow up treatments (2 to 4), and most clinics here save your extra fat for follow up injections. I believe they can save it up to 6 months. Not sure if that time limit is for scientific or business reasons.

Bella
      Participant

Oh I def know about the absorption rate is relatively high with fg, but looking into RPR fat grafting, which apparently has a better survival rate. looking into some local clinics like Bon Clinic and JNK Clinic – reasonably priced, but more importantly performs RPR FG and from the b&a pics on their respective website, the results look promising.

N.B: since i don’t live in Korea I think realistically I can only go back once every 6 mths, at best….unless i win the lottery lol

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
test
Skip to toolbar